Robert C. Lawton, AIF, CRPSFounder and President of Lawton Retirement Plan Consultants, LLC
Robert C. Lawton, AIF®, CRPS®
Founder and President
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
- Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist℠ (CRPS®)
- Passed Series 7, 31, 66 NASD securities licensing exams
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Finance
Robert C. Lawton, AIF®, CRPS®, is the Founder and President of Lawton Retirement Plan Consultants, LLC (LRPC). He is an award-winning 401k investment adviser and accredited fiduciary compliance specialist.
Lawton has over 30 years of retirement plan consulting knowledge and experience. Prior to founding LRPC, he led the retirement plan consulting group at Graystone Consulting, a business of Morgan Stanley.
Lawton also worked as the Managing Consultant for the national consulting office of Ceridian Retirement Plan Services and was the manager of all corporate employee benefit programs for Northwestern Mutual.
During his career he has consulted with many large Fortune 500 companies, including:
- Aon Hewitt
- First Interstate Bank
- Florida Power & Light
- General Dynamics
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- John Deere
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- Northern Trust Company
- Northwestern Mutual
- Trek Bikes
- Tribune Company
- Underwriters Labs
Lawton has earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation awarded by the Center for Fiduciary Studies, which is associated with the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Executive Education.
He has also earned the Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist℠ (CRPS®) professional designation awarded by the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado.
In addition, Lawton has passed the Series 7, 31, and 66 NASD securities licensing exams. He has also earned an MBA in Economics and a BBA in Finance.
On a Personal Note
Lawton resides in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, area with his wife and children. He is active in the community and has worked as a volunteer or board member for Camp Matawa, The Gathering, Habitat for Humanity, Health Care Network, Hebron House, Literacy Services of Wisconsin, the Milwaukee Public Library, Park’s Edge Preschool, United Way, and the YMCA.
Awards & LeadershipAward-Winning 401k Investment Adviser
Robert C. Lawton, AIF®, CRPS® is an award-winning 401k investment adviser. His knowledge and commitment to providing sound, objective investment advice to his clients has earned him numerous accolades, including “Top 100 401k Plan Adviser” from PLANADVISER and “Top 300 401k Plan Adviser” from 401k Wire.
- “Top 100 401k Plan Adviser” from PLANADVISER
- “Top 300 401k Plan Adviser” from 401k Wire
- Author of the #3 and #4 Most Popular Employee Benefit Adviser (EBA) Blogs of 2017 and the #7 Most Popular Employee Benefit News (EBN) Blog of 2017 (out of more than 12,000 blog posts)
- Recipient of an ASBPE Excellence Award in Business Writing
- ASPPA 401k Leadership Award Finalist
- Contributing Writer to Forbes specializing in investments and retirement plans
- Quoted in Forbes Magazine, PLANSPONSOR, planadviser, 401kSpecialist, Employee Benefit Adviser, Employee Benefit News, and Employee Benefit Views
- Contributing Editor, 401k Plan Features, DCDB Daily
- Contributing Editor, 401k Plan Features, Employee Benefit Views
- Contributing Editor, 401k Plan Features, Employee Benefit News
- Contributing Editor, 401k Plan Features, Employee Benefit Adviser
- Blogger on 401k plans and investments for SourceMedia publications
- Publisher, LRPC’s Monday Morning Minute
- National Contributing Writer, 401k Plans, Graystone Consulting, a business of Morgan Stanley
- National Contributing Writer, 401k Plans, Citi Institutional Consulting
- National Seminar Presenter
- Author of The 401k Blog
- Interviewed by Kelly Greene, former Wall Street Journal editor and BlackRock executive, on how to design the best 401k plan
- Chairperson, Finance Committee, Literacy Services of Wisconsin
- Chairperson, Governance & Nominating Committee, Literacy Services of Wisconsin
- Chairperson, Human Resources Committee, Literacy Services of Wisconsin
- Chairperson, Strategic Planning Committee, Literacy Services of Wisconsin
- Chairperson, Board Development Committee, Park’s Edge Preschool
- Chairperson, Board of Directors, Park’s Edge Preschool
- Chairperson, Board Development Committee, YMCA Camp Matawa
- Chairperson, Board of Trustees, Emanuel UCC
- Chairperson, Mission Committee, Emanuel UCC
- Treasurer, Emanuel UCC
ASPPA 401k Leadership Award Finalist
Important insights on retirement plans, the economy and investments – in 60 seconds or less. Subscribe to LRPC’s Monday Morning Minute e-newsletter.